A rich and fresh vegetable salad may serve as a delicious starter that opens the appetite but can be made into an interesting and satisfying main course. It all depends on the ingredients you choose to combine.
It is important to create interest and changes in the vegetable salad. Vegetables and fruits are a very important component of the daily menu. In order to keep the variety fresh and tasty changes can be made in the salad.
- It is recommended to incorporate fresh fruit into the basic fresh vegetables we use daily. Fruits like apple, persimmon, dried cranberries, pomegranate grains, dried fruits like dried apricots, dried plum, raisins and more. They will add a sweet and sour twist.
- You can add cooked / steamed / roasted vegetables. Combines vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, potatoes, and more. A combination of cooked or steamed vegetable will add warmth to the salad and give a warm serving feeling.
- Combining relatively hard vegetables such as carrots, colourbies, beets and the like, grated in salad dressing, blend better into the salad and add flavor.
- Using fresh herbs adds flavor and freshness to the salad. You can combine parsley, coriander, mint, dill, green onion, chives and the like.
- Combining legumes in the salad will give the salad a volume, contribute to a feeling of satiety and most importantly enrich the salad with vitamins, minerals and iron. You can add cooked chickpea salad, cooked beans on any issue (green beans, black beans, beans, etc.), lentils and more.
- Combining cereal with salad will make the salad a hot, nutritious and satisfying main course. You can add rice, burgundy, pasta, quinoa and more.
- It is recommended to add nuts and seeds of various types such as walnuts, cashew, pecans, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, ground flax seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds an excellent source of fat and omega 3.
- Proper seasoning or good salad dressing may make the salad much more delicious. You can use the basic blend of canola / olive oil, lemon, salt and black pepper, but you can combine other sauces that will add interest like vinaigrette, raw tahini, pesto, citrus and more.
A rich salad bowl may be a full meal, rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and dietary fiber. These components are very effective throughout a healthy life and preventing diseases such as heart disease, vascular disease, cancer, and stroke.