Protein is one of the most essential nutrients for normal development, for body tissues and their function.
That is why it is especially important to make sure how much the amount of protein is needed.
What is the protein and why is it important to us:
The bodies of mammalian animals (including humans) require proteins in the daily diet to synthesize all the necessary amino acids.
The protein is important and essential for health and normal development.
It is essential for the body’s growth, muscle building and preservation process.The daily allowance of the necessary proteins varies by age, weight, level of exercise and sex. Click To Tweet
The average recommendation is between 0.8-1 grams of protein per kg of body weight.
This figure varies in athletes and infants. Babies for example, require about 2.2 grams per kg of body weight.
Protein deficiency can lead to fatigue, damage to the rate of development, hair loss, loss of muscle mass to hormonal irregularities, damage to the immune system and fertility and many other symptoms.
It is important to know that excess protein is also dangerous, it can damage the kidneys, bones and immune system.
Nutrition that includes animal products contains twice as much protein as the recommended diet and is accompanied by high fat, cholesterol and does not contain good digestive fiber.
What are the main sources of quality protein in a vegan diet?
There are many vegan protein sources of high quality .
Vegan Protein From Legumes:
Lentils, beans on every issue, chickpea, lobia, paul, silk, soy. (For that matter, a cup of cooked legumes provide about 13 grams of protein)
Vegan Protein From Cereals:
Wheat, rice, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, corn.
Combining cereals and legumes on a daily basis will provide us with complete protein.
Whole protein provides all the necessary amino acids for the body.
The human body does not know how to produce proteins, so it requires them to get through food.
These are some recipes with high quality protein:
Mujadara rice with lentils: Full Recipe
Rice and soy : Full recipe
Lentil soup and potatoes : Full Recipe
Beans and corn
Pita with hummus : Full Recipe
Beans and potatoes.
Burgundy and hummus, etc.
- Why you should try a plant-based dietDo you want glowing skin and a healthy appearance? Are you looking to reduce waistline or your chances of cancer, … Read more
- Balanced Vegan Diet : Healthy Eating as a veganThe number of vegans in the world is skyrocketing and nutritionists are struggling to inform them about the nutrients they … Read more
- 5 Reasons To Drink A Vegan Green SmoothieNot everyone gets excited at the thought of drinking a green smoothie. Yet there are many great reasons to reach … Read more
- Does Giving Up Milk Have Its Benefits?Vegans are giving up eating and using animal products, including milk. Yet in our modern culture, milk is advertised as … Read more
- Vegetarian Sources Of ProteinA lot of people wonder where they can find vegetarian sources of protein. Since protein is considered as an important … Read more
- Natural Alternative to sugarIs sugar killing us? Why not choose an alternative to sugar? Well, at least it is contributing to a lot … Read more