Vegan Protein – is it possible to get a complete source from plants only?
Everyone needs a complete array of all essential amino acids to support healthy metabolism and keep from falling into a negative protein balance and plants by the way are an excellent place to start!
Growing up under the common misconception from our meat consuming culture that animal flesh is the best and only way to get a complete protein – I ate meat a lot. Every day to be exact and usually several times a day.
I was being healthy right?
I was a South Beach/Atkins diet junkie before I realized the specific long term health issues caused by eating so much meat and dairy.
Disclaimer: I’m not a total meat slammer here…I just think people eat way too much and the wrong kind.
Not everyone needs to eat meat and speaking from personal experience, folks I know who make the switch switch to getting most of their protein from plants, don’t looked back. I haven’t!
Watching the eye opening documentary Food Inc. was a turning point for me.
Not only did I learn about the awful standard methods for processing animals – I learned that the quality of our chlorine dipped, sodium pumped, antibiotic fed meat should not be considered edible.
If you must have meat, raise it yourself or buy organic.
Soooo…..I now present Sweet Vegan Recipes top two vegan protein picks and a quick list of healthy foods and vegan protein source you can eat to up your protein intake right away!
Spirulina It is a rich source of complete protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that prevent our cells from free radical damage.
One of the highest plant sources of protein, spirulina absorbs every well, far surpassing the bio availability of beef plus it leaves you with a vast array of nutrients and enzymes needed for healthy digestion and assimilation.
Spirulina provides three times the amount of protein ounce for ounce than beef in addition to being twelve times more absorbable.
Add spiraling powder to vegan protein smoothies and shakes or take in caplet form.
Sprouted Brown Rice Protein Powder by Sun Warrior
I’m a sun warrior girl if there ever was one. I drink this shake almost every day with some variation on my greens and addons.
Brimming with 17 grams of brown rice protein this shake is alkalizing, energizing and the perfect ‘go-to’ when you nutrition fast!
Vegan Protein From Cereals:
Wheat, rice, oats, buckwheat, quinoa, corn.
Combining cereals and legumes on a daily basis will provide us with complete protein.
Whole protein provides all the necessary amino acids for the body.
The human body does not know how to produce proteins, so it requires them to get through food.
Vegan protein From fruits and vegetables :
–Avaçodo 10 grams protein
–1 cup garbanzo beans 14.5 grams protein
–1 medium artichoke 4 grams protein
–1 ounce gogi berries 4 grams protein
–One cup broccoli 5 grams protein
–1 cup peas 9 grams protein
–One cup asparagus 5 grams protein
–1 cup beet greens 3 grams protein
–1 cup spinach 5 grams protein
–One cup lentils 18 grams protein
–1 oz. cashews 4.4 grams protein
–1 oz. peanuts 6.5 grams protein
–One oz. sesame seeds 6.5 grams protein
–1 oz. pistachios 5.8 grams protein
Vegan protein powder supplement :
–Vegan protein by Vega Sport 4 grams protein
–Sun warrior protein by Sun Warrior 17 grams protein
–Raw protein by Garden of Life 17 grams protein
Recipes with high quality protein:
Mujadara rice with lentils: Full Recipe
Rice and soy : Full recipe
Lentil soup and potatoes : Full Recipe
Beans and corn
Pita with hummus : Full Recipe
Beans and potatoes.
Burgundy and hummus, etc.
You May also like : Top Ten Best Vegan Protein Powder Review
- Vegan pancakesWho said being vegan is complicated? A perfect recipe for an airy, indulgent vegan pancake that only requires two ingredients! Careful, addictive recipe! Because vegan pancakes are such a treat, which is totally bizarre given that they’re made with just a couple of ingredients and are essentially fried batter. It shows that pretty much any […]
- How To Cook Delicious Vegan RecipesA whole-foods, plant-based diet that has never been easier or tastier Learn how to cook vegan recipes with more than 300 recipes for every day! Simple, affordable, and delicious, these vegan recipes put the power of real, healthy food in your hands. Take your health and well-being into your own hands with the power of a plant […]
- Green Lentil SoupVegan recipe with lentils : Comfortable green lentil soup, rich in flavors and vitamins. Ingredients: 2 tablespoons oil 1 thinly chopped onion A glass of well-washed green lentils 2 carrots 2 potatoes 2-3 celery stalks 1/2 teaspoon cumin Kurt nut grated nutmeg Salt black pepper How To Cook Green Lentil Soup It is advisable not […]
- Creating A Raw Foods KitchenSetting up your kitchen is the biggest thing that will determine whether or not your experience with the raw foods diet will be a positive one. Having the correct ingredients on hand as well as purchasing the right kitchen equipment to prepare the meals is absolutely essential. This includes getting rid of anything that won’t […]
- Vegan Broccoli SoupBroccoli soup is rich in iron, calcium, vitamin C and nutritional fiber, particularly satisfying and delicious. And it’s very easy to make. Broccoli soup recipe ingredients: About half a kg of broccoli 2 chopped onions 4-5 diced cut potatoes 8 cups vegetable broth hinge 6-7 cloves of garlic 2 tablespoons olive oil Kurt Nutmeg Kurt Cumin […]
- Rich Bean SoupWinter is synonymous with hot and rich soup. The soup season is at its peak. Let’s enjoy a rich, delicious and warm bean soup. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 1 grated fresh tomato One cup of beans (pre-induced) 1 potato 1 medium carrots 2 tablespoons tomato paste 1/2 teaspoon cumin Salt Black pepper tofu About 2 […]