One of the foods that many people think they will have to give up, when going vegan, is yogurt.
As most traditional yogurts are dairy based but there are now many vegan yogurt brands and vegan yogurt cultures.
When I was vegetarian, i used to love yogurt with granola and fruit.
I use it in my smoothies all the time.
But I also liked the health benefits of yogurt. Fermented foods like yogurt are extremely good for the gut and are full of beneficial body flora and probiotics.
They also aid in digesting and build the immune system.
So yogurt was not something i wanted to lose…and it is so yummy.
Follow Us on Instagram
Luckily I found that all vegan / non dairy yogurts have beneficial flora and probiotics on levels similar to dairy yogurts.And they taste just as good.
When buying yogurt you have to basic choices, you can buy it or make it.
When buying vegan yogurt I would recommend the soy yogurts as other non dairy yogurts can be a bit runny.
Also make sure you check the ingredients to make sure there are no animal products, like gelatin, casein etc. As they are sometimes present in soy products.
Related Post : Is a vegan diet healthy?
Making vegan yogurt recipe at home is in my opinion the best option.
It’s easy, fun and cheap…and you can make your own flavors.
To make yogurt at home you are going to need a few things.
Firstly you need some soy milk and some yogurt culture. Then you need a yogurt maker, or you can use a pan, oven and jar.
So can vegans eat yogurt?..yes they can.
Here is a free ebook to help you get all the calories you need on a vegan diet : 7 Day Vegan Meal Plan
- Mung bean radish meatballsRaw material: 750 grams of radish. 70 grams of green bean flour. 50 grams of … Read more
- Homemade aloe Vera beauty hackAloe Vera Beauty Method. Commonly known as "scallion" and "elephant gallbladder", is an amazing plant … Read more
- Chocolate spread and excellent vegan nutsA delicious chocolate treat and hazelnuts that burst in your mouth and pamper your palate. … Read more
- Vegan Potatoes CasseroleIngredients: – potatoes – 3 pcs. – tomato paste – 400g – onion – 1 onion, not … Read more
- Chocolate muffins and vegan cheeseMuffin recipe chocolate chip and vegan cheese that can be pampered without harming animals .. … Read more
- 7 Shades of Green SaladWhat do you do when you have loads of greens in your fridge? You make … Read more