Table of Contents
- Why Coconut Oil?
- Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
- How to Treat Your Hair with Coconut oil
- How to Apply Coconut Oil for Hair
- My Experience
Coconut oil for hair is the natural alternative for hair treatment.
The nutrients in coconut oil are best suitable to human’s skin and hair.
If you have the problem with your hair and are looking for something to restore your hair quickly, then coconut oil may be the answer for you.
Perhaps, you are finding something natural to nourish your hair so that you will have the beautiful and healthy hair.
Again, using coconut oil may get you amazed at the result you desire.
Why Coconut Oil?
Let’s see why coconut oil is good to your hair:
1. Hair Care
Basically, protein is an essential nutrient to strengthen your hair. You need it vitally, otherwise your hair gets damaged very easily.
Naturally, hair protein loses by age. Heat and other chemical stuffs applied on your hair can generate the loss of hair protein even faster.
So, to keep your hair healthy, you have to reduce the loss of hair protein as much as you possibly can.
How can you do it?
The very simple yet effective way is to use coconut oil. Why?
Because coconut oil has a natural affinity with human hair protein. So the oil sticks to your hair very well. Moreover, the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) in coconut oil can get into the hair shaft quickly.
This helps protect the loss of hair protein from heat and other chemical effects like sunlight exposure, hair-drying blower, hair coloring, hair curling, hair straightening, etc.
Thus you can apply coconut oil hair treatment to reduce the loss of hair protein.
“How about the hair oil that I use every day?” You ask.
Well, most of the hair oils in the market contain sun flower oil and mineral oil.
They don’t give any help that much to your hair. Why?
Because they are mainly composed of large fatty acid molecules, so they are unable to absorb into your hair deeply like coconut oil.
Anyway if you’re looking for something to nourish your hair, I would recommend using coconut oil.
Just try it and your dry and damaged hair will gradually become soft and smooth like never before.
2. Scalp Care
Coconut oil keeps your scalp healthy due to the following properties:
- Antibacterial PropertyThe MCFAs (Medium Chain Fatty Acids) in coconut oil, especially Lauric acid, act as antibacterial agents. They can kill fungi that cause dandruff on your scalp.
- AntioxidantCoconut oil is rich in antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Phytosterol and Phenol. The antioxidative efficiency of Vitamin E in coconut oil is 40 to 60 times higher than the Vitamin E found in commercial cosmetics out there.The antioxidants help reduce the number of free radicals that cause premature aging on your scalp. If you apply coconut oil , you can delay wrinkles on your scalp to a great deal.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair
Here are the benefits that coconut oil gives to your hair:
1. Weigh Down, Soft and Shiny Hair
Coconut oil is a good natural hair conditioner. It really makes your hair weigh down, soft and shiny.
Simply massage your hair with it, leave it half to one hour before cleaning with shampoo. Then, you can see the difference!
2. Reduce Dry and Split Ends Hair
This is because coconut oil helps reduce the protein loss in your hair.
That means you can retain enough protein to nourish your hair.
Here’s the reason why you have healthy hair when you use coconut oil for hair regularly.
3. Lower Premature Hair Loss
If you find yourself having an early hair loss, then you’re in for a treat.
Coconut oil helps reduce premature hair loss if you treat your hair with coconut oil regularly.
In case of hereditary hair loss, it works best when used at the beginning of hair loss.
Coconut oil actually slows the loss of hair protein as possible.
So you can retain the amount of hair protein for a longer period. So…
The higher hair protein, the stronger hair you have.
In short, applying coconut oil will gradually lower your hair loss while the new healthy hair is starting to grow up.
4. Reduce Premature Gray Hair
If your hair starts becoming gray too early, just apply coconut oil as a hair treatment regularly.
The premature gray hair will be gradually lower. And the new healthy hair will be growing up to replace the gray’s.
Of course, it comes with original color.
You may take weeks or months to start seeing the result, depending on how much of the gray hair you have.
How to Treat Your Hair with Coconut oil
- Put a teaspoon of coconut oil on your palm.
- Gently massage your hair and scalp with coconut oil for few minutes. Then cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Dry your hair with a hair blower using a maximum heat level as much as you can stand it. Keep blowing until your hair is completely dry. Or you just leave it for an hour or two until your hair dries thoroughly.
- Shampoo your hair, and follow with hair conditioner (if you want). In fact, if you apply coconut oil regularly, your hair will totally be soft and shiny look. Yes, it does, without the need of the expensive shampoo and hair conditioner at all.
How to Apply Coconut Oil for Hair
It is very easy to treat your hair with coconut oil. The details of how to do it slightly vary, depending on the condition you’ve got.
Let’s get started…
1. Dry and Damaged Hair
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil and put it in your palm. In case of a white solid fat, you need to rub it with both palms until it melts into the oil.
- Gently massage your hair with coconut oil (do it while your hair is dry).
- Leave it for 30 minutes or more (better for 1 hour).
- Then shampoo it as usual (follow with conditioner if you want).
- Rinse it out.
Try doing it 2-3 times a week. Your damaged hair will gradually become soft and silky shine.
2. Hair Loss
Do exactly the same as above. After using 4-5 times, you should start seeing the result that you have less hair loss.
3. Split Ends
In case of split ends, you should start seeing the result within 2-3 months.
4. Scalp Diseases
- Gently massage your hair with coconut oil before going to sleep at night (do it while your hair is dry).
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it over night.
- Then wash it out in the morning after you wake up.
For best result, it is recommended doing every day.
5. Hair Growth
Treat your hair with coconut oil overnight, same as the case of scalp diseases.
You should see your hair start growing within 1-3 months of use.
At first, you can notice a small thin hair coming out on your scalp.
Then the new hair keeps growing and becomes thicker.
Ultimately, you will have a lot of healthy hair growing up thoroughly.
I believe that coconut oil hair care absolutely does work.
By the way, you can save a lot of expenses on the hair transplant course.
6. Dandruff and Fungus
Simply treat your hair like the way you treat it for the case of scalp diseases. Within a week or two, you should see that the dandruff or fungus begins fading away.
Personally, my wife and I always apply coconut oil for hair after shower. We massage the hair with a slight amount of coconut oil, and leave it all day long.
I found out that I can make hairstyling set with coconut oil. It’s soft like a hair mousse but not hard as a hair gel. It really gives your hair a soft touch feeling.
In addition, my wife keeps applying hair coloring every few months. She doesn’t use any hair treatment products but coconut oil. She found that her hair never becomes dry and damaged. Still, she has healthy hair with the shiny color on her hair.
Thanks to coconut oil.
If you’re interested in using coconut oil for hair as your natural hair treatement, I would recommend Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
I personally treat my hair once a month. And I find my hair very very soft and healthy even if my hair is often exposed to strong tropical sunlight in Thailand.
Just try it out and you’ll never go wrong with it. Trust me.