This vegan recipe for dinner makes the perfect pre-dinner amount for one person. If you’re feeding a family or want to make this into a meal salad, double or triple the recipe.
It is important to use balsamic glaze, and not balsamic vinegar, as the glaze is sweeter and thicker.
- 1/2 teaspoon raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- One teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 baby carrots, sliced thin
- 1/3 persimmon, cut into slices
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 teaspoon shelled hemp seeds
- Whisk together the raspberry preserves, balsamic glaze, and red wine vinegar. Stir in the minced shallots and set aside for 5 minutes to marinate.
- Slice 3 baby carrots thinly and layer on top of the arugula. Top with persimmon, hemp seeds, and dressing. Enjoy!