Too often we simply boil cabbage to death, when actually it can be used in all sorts of interesting dishes.
We made these stuffed cabbage leaves for us.
The sweet potato stuffing is absolutely amazing, and we used the leftovers to make burgers out of.
- One head of cabbage with decent sized leaves.
- 10 cloves garlic.
- 5 cm fresh ginger.
- 8-10 spring onions (scallions).
- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes.
- 2-3 cups rice.
- handful of cashews.
Roast the sweet potato in their skins.
The oven set at around 180′C for about 45 minutes to an hour, or until all the sweet potato is quite soft.
Meanwhile, set the rice and cashews on to boil for 20-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally so the rice goes soft and sticky.
Peel and finely grate the ginger. Mince the garlic and chop full lengths of spring onions and add to a large mixing bowl.
Take the sweet potato out of the oven and let them cool slightly before peeling the skins. (save them for making crisps or something. They are really tasty and nutritious) , and mashing them with the garlic and ginger mix.
Related Post: Vegan Potato Chips
Add the rice to the mixing bowl, to taste, depending on how garlicky you want your stuffing.
Boil some water on the stove and blanch the cabbage leaves by placing them in the boiling water for 1 minute.
Cut a triangle down the stalk end of the cabbage leaf to make it easier to fold.
Add the stuffing to the center of the leaf and fold into a parcel. Then place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes or so to heat up.
Any leftover sweet potato mix can easily be turned into burgers by adding a little flour or oats and shaping into burger shapes and frying.
- Health issues from dairy products!any Americans, including some vegetarians, are still consuming large amounts […]
- 10 Reasons why the meat and dairy industry is unsustainableWhether you like it or not, eating dairy products has […]
- Semi Vegetarian Diet To Lose WeightToday, people are willing to do anything to achieve weight […]
- Spinach: Nutrition Facts and Health BenefitsLet me introduce SPINACH Nutrition here on Vegan Diet Society! I […]
- The Right Diet Can Fight CancerAccording to the World Health Organization, cancer is one of the […]
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency SymptomsFor the most part, Vitamin B12 is an easy to […]