- Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook --Time: 25 minutes Total --Time: 40 minutes --Yield: 2 servings
Here’s how to bake Banana Nut Muffins in quick and easy individual portions. Stash some in the freezer so you always have breakfasts and snacks ready to go.
1½ cups of gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup of almond meal
¾ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
¼ cup of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk
together, set for 15 mins)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Banana Nut Muffins Add-ins:
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
Optional for topping
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin
2. Add peeled bananas to a bowl and mash until they are smooth.
Whisk in the flax egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
3. Continue whisking in oat flour, almond meal, baking powder,
baking soda and salt until well-incorporated then fold in walnuts.
4. Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin
5. Bake for about 20 minutes and set aside to cool on a cooling rack