- Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook --Time: 25 minutes Total --Time: 40 minutes --Yield: 2 servings
I love these banana nut muffins because they keep fresh for days. So stash some in the freezer so you always have breakfasts and snacks ready to go.
We’ve made these muffins lot of times because they’re easy to make and they call for simple ingredients.
It’s the perfect recipe to use up all those over ripe bananas that your kids didn’t eat.
Here’s how to bake Banana Nut Muffins in quick and easy individual portions.
1½ cups of gluten-free oat flour
¾ cup of almond meal
¾ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of baking soda
¼ teaspoon of salt
3 medium, very ripe bananas (1 cup mashed)
¼ cup of melted coconut oil
¼ cup of coconut sugar
1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk
together, set for 15 mins)
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Banana Nut Muffins Add-ins:
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
Optional for topping
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin
2. Then Add peeled bananas to a bowl and mash until they are smooth.
Whisk in the flax egg, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
3. Continue whisking in oat flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well-incorporated then fold in walnuts.
4. Using a large scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into muffin
5. Bake for about 20 minutes and set aside to cool on a cooling rack