Table of Contents
Vegan Tikka Masala recipe is one of the most popular vegan recipes on my site and for extremely good reason.
This is gonna be one of the best vegan recipes you ever make and you’re gonna want to make it all the time.
Chickpeas in Tikka Masala Sauce is a current favorite in my house.
Vegan Tikka Masala is always associated with grilled meats or paneer.
Tofu, tempeh, seitan, or Butler Soy Curls make for the most-used substitutes for animal products, but there are lots more you can add to this sauce.
Add chickpeas, lentils, or some roasted vegetables for a great dinner.
Try this recipe below with chickpeas and you might never go back to tofu.
Serve this dish over cooked rice or with flatbread.
- 1 recipe Tikka Masala Sauce
- 2 (15-ounce [425g]) cans chickpeas or 3 cups (500g) cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (240ml) water or plain unsweetened nondairy milk Salt, to taste
- 1 cup (30g) tightly packed baby spinach (optional) Dash cayenne
- Dash Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup (10g) chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the tikka masala sauce, chickpeas, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cover the saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, about 5 minutes.
- Add the salt.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes so the sauce thickens and the chickpeas soften.
- Add the spinach (if using) during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the cayenne, garam masala, and cilantro.
- Variation: Use 3 cups (600g) cooked lentils instead of the chickpeas. Use 1 1/2 cups (250g) cooked chickpeas and 1 1/2 cups (100g) finely chopped vegetables, such as cauliflower, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, or zucchini.
READ : The Basics Plant Based Kitchen Tools