This recipe is one of those famous accidental discoveries that turn out to taste amazing.
I wanted to make burgers, but I also had an apple sitting on the counter which I wasn’t planning to eat today, but it definitely had to go.
So I just decided to add it to the burgers! I know that sounds totally weird, but they make a great companion.
Not only do they add a touch of sweetness, but they also provide just enough moisture to prevent the burgers from drying out and falling apart too much.
As for the buns, I used my Salt-Free Bagel recipe and just shaped the dough like burgers and not like bagels.
6 cups cooked black beans (I do it this way from scratch)
2 carrots, diced
1 red onion, diced
One clove garlic, pressed (or more if you like it garlicy and don’t have to leave the house)
1 large apple, finely diced or grated
juice and zest of one lime
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
2/3 cup finely chopped parsley
2/3 cup rolled oats
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
One tbsp marjoram
1 cap full of liquid smoke
Related Post :
How To Cook Smoky Bean Burgers
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for the beans, ground flax seeds and rolled oats and let marinate for 30 minutes. If you’re in a real hurry, you can skip the marinating.
Add beans, ground flax seeds and rolled oats and mash with a potato masher until everything is fully combined.
Form burger patties using a 1/2 cup measure.
Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes @ 350°F and another 10 minutes @ 425°F.
Let them cool down for about ten minutes before serving.
Enjoy Your Bean Burgers recipe
- Vegan substitute for eggEggs are seen as essential for use in a wide variety of recipes, but it … Read more
- Healthy and satisfying energy snackWhy feed our kids with high-sugar and empty nutritional snacks? Why not indulge ourselves with … Read more
- Guide to growing potatoes in the gardenPotatoes are "spoiled" tubers that require a lot of reference. The potato family contains a … Read more
- Vegan cilantro pesto spreadA quick and easy recipe for making a delicious pesto spread with quality raw materials, … Read more
- Arugula Persimmon Salad with Raspberry Balsamic DressingThis vegan recipe for dinner makes the perfect pre-dinner amount for one person. If you're … Read more
- Fruit skewers for hospitalityWhat fun to host? Even more fun was making a colorful and healthy table. Fruit skewers will … Read more