Table of Contents
- 1- Spicy Orange Tofu
- 2- Spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes
- 3- Sunshine Pie
- 4- Vegan miso soup
- 5- Old Friends and Spring Rolls
- 6- Grilled Amaranth Patties
- 7- Sweet potato soup and rich peppers
A whole-foods, plant-based diet that has never been easier or tastier
Learn how to cook vegan recipes with more than 300 recipes for every day!
Simple, affordable, and delicious, these vegan recipes put the power of real, healthy food in your hands.
Take your health and well-being into your own hands with the power of a plant based diet.
Start cooking the plant-based way today—it could save your life!
1- Spicy Orange Tofu
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 large orange
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili paste
6 oz super firm tofu
6-7 kale leaves (stems removed and torn into bite size pieces)
How to cook Spicy Orange Tofu
1. Squeeze the juice of ½ large orange into a skillet and heat on medium.
2. Add the minced garlic, brown sugar, and chili paste.
3. Cook until the mixture forms a thick sauce (if it gets too thick add more juice, too thin more brown sugar).
4. Stir in tofu and let cook until well coated and lightly crispy on the edges.
5. While the tofu is cooking steam the kale and cook the udon noodles according to directions.
6. When the tofu and the noodles are done remove the tofu from the pan and add the noodles coating them in the orange sauce and cooking the noodles a bit.
7. Divide the noodles onto two plates and top with kale then spoon the tofu on top .
2- Spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes
Amazing dinner of spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes
½ medium spaghetti squash
¼ – ½ cup water
Spray olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 small onion
1 tablespoon Thai basil chopped
3 chopped tomatoes (large pieces)
1 tablespoon vegan sour cream
How to cook Spaghetti squash with fresh tomatoes
1.Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut squash in half length wise and spoon out the seeds the pierce the skin several times with a fork
3. Lightly spray with olive oil and put in baking dish cut side down
4. Pour in enough water to just cover about ¼ inch of the squash
5. Cover and bake until tender (about 45 minutes)
6. While the squash is cooking sauté the garlic, onion and basil in pan sprayed with olive oil until the onion is tender
7. Add the tomatoes and cook until well heated
8. When the squash is finished use a fork to make spaghettis strings out of the squash and spoon onto plate
9. Add tomato mixture and top with a bit of vegan sour cream
3- Sunshine Pie
Sunshine Pie – it’s creamy and delicious vegan recipe and takes only 15 minutes to prepare!
1/2 bunch collard greens
6-8 sheets of phyllo dough
1 container of extra firm tofu
2 cloves garlic
1 not-Chick’n bouillon cube
1/2 cup shredded carrots
Spray cooking oil
1 small onion diced
How to cook Sunshine Pie
1.Steam collard greens until just tender and bright green
2. While the greens are steaming, in a food processor mix the tofu, water, bouillon cube, garlic, and onion until very smooth.
3. Once the greens are ready mix with the tofu and stir in the shreaded carrots
4. Line a pie pan with phyllo dough leaving a couple of inches hanging over the side.
5. Pour the tofu mixture into the pie plate and let stand for a minute or two allowing the edges of the phyllo to become slightly dry.
6. Fold over the phyllo edges onto the pie filling and lightly crunch creating a border around the top of the pie.
7. Spray lightly with cooking oil.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until the border is golden and the filling lightly bubbling.
4- Vegan miso soup
Miso soup is healing.
When I first went vegan I had miso soup almost daily for the first few months.
It just felt right, and yes healing.
The key to the miso soup I make is that I don’t stew the veggies or even the tofu.
It is all stir fried before adding to the broth and noodles.
I think it makes for a richer taste. And I just love crispy tofu no matter how it is served.
1 tablespoon cooking oil of choice
1/4 package super firm tofu
4 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced ginger
Lots of pepper blends
5 artichoke hearts
1/4 package rice noodles
1/2 cup shreaded carrots
5-6 kale leaves (tear from stems and into chuncks)
1 cup sliced mushrooms
Water (amount depends on how soupy you want your soup)
3 tablespoons miso (I use yellow miso)
1 cube Not Chick’n Cube
How to cook Vegan miso soup
1. Add oil, tofu, and pepper to skillet and cook on medium heat until tofu is crispy on two sides
2. Add carrots, kale, garlic, mushrooms, and ginger. Cook until kale is tender but not limp
3. While tofu and kale are cooking, cook rice noodles according to package. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
4. Drain noodles and add enough fresh water to cover
5. Add miso, artichoke hearts and chick’n cube. Stir until miso dissolved
6. Add tofu and kale mixture to noodles
5- Old Friends and Spring Rolls
Easy recipe for Vietnamese spring rolls, paper rolls recipe.
1 slice extra firm tofu cut into match sticks
1 cup roasted spaghetti squash
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon tamari
8 Spring Roll Wraps
1/3 cucumber cut into thick match sticks
½ avacado cut into slices
½ cup carrots cut into match sticks
How to cook Old Friends and Spring Rolls
1. Sautee tofu in agar nectar and tamari until a caramelized glaze covers the tofu
2. After the tofu and roasted spaghetti squash have cooked, prepare the wraps by dipping in very warm water. I use two wraps per roll, most people use one but for me I don’t like the look of just one.
3. Add a little of the tofu, squash, avacad, and carrots to a couple of rolls and wrap
4. Eat with a little sweet and sour or peanut sauce. Yummy.
6- Grilled Amaranth Patties
So now I’m working on how to add grains to my diet.
One of the best recipes I came up with is the following for amaranth patties.
I just love these. I made enough to take them to the office for my lunches this week.
1 cup cooked amaranth
2 tablespoons onion powder
Two tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons crushed red peppers
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1/2 cup vegan bread crumbs
1/4 cup wheat gluten
1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
How to cook Amaranth Patties
- Knead together all ingredients until the consistency is firm enough to form into patties (may need to add more water if mixture is too dry)
- Form into four patties and grill until firm as well as well browned on both sides
7- Sweet potato soup and rich peppers
Potato soup and vegan peppers are a particularly sweet, delicious and warming soup.
His preparation is relatively simple and has its health benefits.
It is strongly recommended to prepare it in the fall or cold winter days.
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh crushed garlic
- half tablespoon curry
- black pepper
- A little nutmeg
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 orange peppers
- 1.5 liters of water
- Coconut milk for serving
30 30 minutes.
How to cook sweet potato soup
- Step 1
In a deep saucepan, heat olive oil and fry the onion until golden brown
- Step 2
Add the garlic, mix slightly and immediately add the rest of the spices. Garlic over-frying should be avoided.
- Step 3
Cut the sweet potato and peppers into small cubes and place in a saucepan.
- Step 4
Cover about 1.5 liters of water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook for about 40 minutes.
- Step 5
Stir well, and grind well until thick, even soup is obtained.
- Step 6
Before serving, add a little coconut milk to the soup dish. enjoy your meal.
RECENT ARTICLES :
- Is Coconut Sugar Vegan?
- Is Kool Aid Vegan?
- Are Crescent Rolls Vegan?
- Is Processed Sugar Vegan?
- Is Rye Bread Vegan?
- Can Vegans Eat Egg Whites?
- Is Lard Vegan? Can Vegans Use Lard?
- Is Salt Water Taffy Vegan?
- Are Peach Rings Vegan?
- Is Minestrone Soup Vegan or Vegetarian?
- Is Oyster Sauce Vegan?
- Are Lays Chips Vegan?