I am such a sucker for a sweet treat.
Before I went vegan I used to sit in my room with a king size 3 Musketeers bar and that was like heaven to me.
I have since found healthier options to control my sweet tooth, one of which is the deliciously simple raw date syrup that I use as my sweetener in basically everything from oatmeal to waffles to cakes.
I’ve been guilty of sitting on the kitchen floor eating it out of the jar with a spoon…it’s that good!
Homemade Date Syrup RecipeCourse: Vegan dessertCuisine: Middle EasternDifficulty: Easy
The best part is this syrup is totally clean and totally vegan!
30 small dates (I use mini medjool)
1 ½ cups filtered water
1 tsp lemon juice
How To Cook
- Remove the date pits and place the dates in a bowl.
- Cover with warm water and let sit for one hour could be less, could be more.
- When the date’s look and feel like a sponge you can start to blend them.
- Once the dates have soaked add all of ingredients to high speed blender.
- Blend for 60-75 seconds, or until smooth.
- Transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Top your goodies. Yum! Yum! Yum!
- How a vegan diet plan may help you drop body weightA very effective and time-tested weight loss diet iѕ thе … Read more
- Essential Ingredients For Creating Simple Vegan RecipesThe beauty of vegan recipes is that most of them … Read more
- Vegan diet for beginners: Making the transition easierJust like many “new beginners”, going vegan may prove a … Read more
- Vegan Food List For Teens: Balanced Nutrition For Young VegetarianOne of the challenges of being a teen vegetarian is … Read more
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Through The Vegan DietUntil now, my whole approach has been about managing the … Read more
- 6 Reasons why to choose vegan cosmetic productsRecently, a lot of people have been making some serious … Read more