I am such a sucker for a sweet treat.
Before I went vegan I used to sit in my room with a king size 3 Musketeers bar and that was like heaven to me.
I have since found healthier options to control my sweet tooth, one of which is the deliciously simple raw date syrup that I use as my sweetener in basically everything from oatmeal to waffles to cakes.
I’ve been guilty of sitting on the kitchen floor eating it out of the jar with a spoon…it’s that good!
Homemade Date Syrup RecipeCourse: Vegan dessertCuisine: Middle EasternDifficulty: Easy
The best part is this syrup is totally clean and totally vegan!
30 small dates (I use mini medjool)
1 ½ cups filtered water
1 tsp lemon juice
How To Cook
- Remove the date pits and place the dates in a bowl.
- Cover with warm water and let sit for one hour could be less, could be more.
- When the date’s look and feel like a sponge you can start to blend them.
- Once the dates have soaked add all of ingredients to high speed blender.
- Blend for 60-75 seconds, or until smooth.
- Transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Top your goodies. Yum! Yum! Yum!
- Why You Should Never Skip Your Healthy Vegan BreakfastJump to RecipePrint RecipeWhy you should never skip your breakfast? […] More
- A Brief Look At Vegetarianism BenefitsJump to RecipePrint RecipeBecause not much research has been undertaken to study vegetarianism […] More
- Are You Using Coconut Oil for Thyroid Treatment?Jump to RecipePrint Recipe Applying coconut oil for thyroid treatment […] More
- How to Lose Weight with Coconut Oil?Jump to RecipePrint Recipe If you are looking for how […] More
- The Coconut Oil DietJump to RecipePrint Recipe Coconut oil diet is a natural, […] More
- Coconut Oil And CholesterolJump to RecipePrint Recipe Table of Contents Is it a […] More