Today I bring you a recipe for hummus aka how to eat rich, vegan and healthy being lazy.
Hummus is a kind of chickpea puree, originally it has tahini that is a sesame seed paste.
I do not usually use it because the truth is that I do not spend much, and with the price it has, I do not feel like buying it for hummus.
What I usually have at home are ground golden flax seeds. I buy them whole and grind them in the coffee grinder (or seeds, because I have never used it to grind coffee! Hehehe).
And then I add them to some vegetable pate, salads, milkshakes … So you will know what the change is what have I done, right?
But if you have tahini at home you can use it perfectly, when I have it I use it.
How do you eat? Well, the hummus is delicious, so you can take a spoon and go crazy, or with toast, or with crudites, etc …
In this case I served it with some organic toasted whole wheat rye bread.
Do you want to know how I do it? Then read on …
1 hour, 15 minutes
Flax seeds are bought whole and I use this grinder to grind them.
- A pot of cooked chickpeas of 400 grams.
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (I use two, removing the nerve).
- 2 teaspoons ground golden flax seeds * or tahini.
- The juice of a lemon.
- Salt to taste.
- A pinch of cumin.
- A splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- A little parsley and paprika from the sweet vera to serve.
- To submit:
- Olive oil for decoration
- Sweet / sweet paprika for decoration
- Hummus is the simplest thing in the world. Just rinse and drain the cooked chickpeas and put them in the blender glass.
- Add the two garlic cloves (without the nerve), the two teaspoons of flaxseed, a pinch of cumin, salt to taste and a dash of extra virgin olive oil.
- We cut the lemon and squeeze it on top by squeezing it with our hands.
- And finally beat everything until you get a creamy consistency.
- While you are beating go watching the texture, if you need it you can add a little more oil or water.
- Serve with some sweet paprika from the side, some parsley and a pinch of extra virgin olive oil.