I love oatmeal, it is a very versatile cereal, it is super rich in both salty and sweet preparations.
Personally I love to start the day having oatmeal and fruit breakfast … and it freaks out in meatballs!
People don’t like them very much at first, but the problem is that they usually try to try it as it is, and by itself it doesn’t have much flavor.
It is something that usually also happens with other ingredients, such as tofu, which in itself does not even have much flavor, but by treating it in the right way, very tasty and nutritious recipes can be made.
This meatball recipe is inspired by the recipe of a friend, so I dedicate it to her. I wish you like it.
oatmeal Ingredients (for about 26-27 meatballs):
- 4 cups of oatmeal flakes
- Vegetable broth (about a liter, we will also use it for the sauce)
- Parsley (to taste, I poured plenty of fresh parsley).
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons (well filled) of spiky moruna spices (You can find it here on amazon)
- Two teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 1 large onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- A dash of white wine – 1 pinch of pepper
- Vegetable broth (leftover meatballs)
How to make oatmeal:
The first step is to prepare Vegetable broth. If we do not have a previous one, it can be prepared using a tablet of vegetable broth.
In a bowl, pour the four cups of oatmeal, add the parsley, salt, skewer spices, cumin and garlic powder.
Stir well to mix oatmeal with spices. Using a ladle, vegetable broth is gradually added, so as not to overdo it, as this dough will not drain at any time. It is added and removed little by little, until there is a manageable mass, which is not very dry.
With wet hands (if the whole dough will not stick to us), we are making small balls, and we pass them in breadcrumbs.
Once we have them all, they are slowly frying.
They are removed and left on absorbent paper, to remove excess oil. Meanwhile, we will prepare the sauce.
How to make the sauce:
Finely chop the onion and carrots.
In a large saucepan add a little extra virgin olive oil and pocha the onion. When it is poached we add the carrot until it is cooked too.
Add the meatballs, a dash of white wine, a bay leaf, and the rest of the vegetable stock. And let simmer about 10 minutes.
Related Post : Homemade Falafel Recipe
- Mashed Potato PancakesSweet hot pancakes! A soft and tasty potato pancake. And so easy to prepare. And … Read more
- Vegan substitute for eggEggs are seen as essential for use in a wide variety of recipes, but it … Read more
- The vegan recipe pastaPasta is a staple in many kitchens. It is delicious, satisfying and has excellent flavors. So simple … Read more
- What you wear is who you areClothing is an entire industry that has become a basic necessity for luxury in the … Read more
- Healthy and satisfying energy snackWhy feed our kids with high-sugar and empty nutritional snacks? Why not indulge ourselves with … Read more
- Guide to growing potatoes in the gardenPotatoes are "spoiled" tubers that require a lot of reference. The potato family contains a … Read more