Spring is finally here! Its a colourful and fresh time – like these amazing Vegan Spring Rolls.
Vegan Spring Rolls are easy and fun to do and really delicious, believe me you will not stop eating them until you literally can’t have one more!
These vegan rolls are a great addition to your spring detox since they are packed with fresh raw veggies and apple cider vinegar (find the raw one and not the pasteurised).
2 cups vegetables (carrots, Chinese cabbage and red radish, julienned)
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup water
4-5 Tbsp agave syrup (or honey if not vegan)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 lime, juiced
1 block extra firm tofu
1 Tbsp soy sauce
12 spring roll rice papers
1 bunch of cilantro or parsley and mint
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 green onion, thinly sliced and added to dipping sauce
Ginger peanut butter sauce
1/2 cup salted natural peanut butter
1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
2-3 Tbsp brown sugar or maple syrup
1/2 lime, juiced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
Hot water to thin
READ : Healthy honey alternative
1. Combine apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and lime juice in a jar and shaking to combine. Transfer to fridge to chill.
2. Next, prep vegetables by julienning or thinly slicing radish, carrot and any other desired fillings. Add to vinegar mixture to quick pickle in the fridge.
3. Cut tofu in 1cm thigh slices and fried in a hot pan with a drizzle of oil until they turn brown-gold. Move them to a plate with a paper towel to absorb extra oil.
4. Prepare peanut sauce by adding all ingredients except water to a mixing bowl and whisking. Add hot water 1 Tbsp at a time and whisk until desired consistency.
5. Prepare station for making spring rolls by getting a big plate to lay rice papers on, and heat on a big pan 2-3 cups water to boiling, then turn off heat.
6. Drain pickled veggies and reserve liquid for dipping.
7. To prepare a spring roll, dip rice paper in hot water for 15-20 seconds, turning them with your fingers until soft and transfer to plate to work. Then add 2 pieces tofu, pickled vegetables, and a large handful of cilantro or parsley and mint. Fold over the bottom edge, tuck in side edges and roll from down to up.
8. Serve with leftover vinegar sauce and butter sauce.
Enjoy your vegan spring rolls!
RECENT ARTICLES :
- Is Coconut Sugar Vegan?
- Is Kool Aid Vegan?
- Are Crescent Rolls Vegan?
- Is Processed Sugar Vegan?
- Is Rye Bread Vegan?
- Can Vegans Eat Egg Whites?
- Is Lard Vegan? Can Vegans Use Lard?
- Is Salt Water Taffy Vegan?
- Are Peach Rings Vegan?
- Is Minestrone Soup Vegan or Vegetarian?
- Is Oyster Sauce Vegan?
- Are Lays Chips Vegan?