The thing lately is ‘dipear’, and especially what I like most: simple recipes, with easy-to-find ingredients, cheap recipes, and of course (as always) without ingredients of animal origin.
So today I bring you this recipe for baba ganoush, also known as Mutabal, which is a Lebanese eggplant cream.
The original recipe has tahini (sesame seed paste), but as I told you in the hummus recipe I do not usually buy it much.
So I also change it this time, although you can use it if you want.
Like hummus, you can use it to dip crudites, spread on toast, crackers, or to eat directly 🙂
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
Salt to taste.
A pinch of black pepper.
3 cloves of garlic (without the nerve).
The juice of half a lemon.
2 teaspoons ground flax seeds (or two teaspoons tahini).
Extra virgin olive oil.
Sweet paprika (can also be mixed with a little spicy paprika) and parsley, to serve.
Baba Ganoush Recipe Preparation:
We heat the oven to 180º, while, we cut the eggplants lengthwise and make some deep cuts in their meat so that they cook well.
We add a little salt and olive oil and put them in the oven for approximately 45 minutes (see them, that each oven is a world!).
Once the eggplants are cooked, with the help of a spoon, we remove the meat from the eggplant and put it in the blender cup together with the rest of the ingredients.
(except the paprika of the vera and the parsley that we will use to serve).
We beat it all, start pouring a little oil and as you observe the texture you are pouring until it is creamy.
Be careful not to overdo it and make it too liquid.
It is served in a deep dish with some sweet paprika (and if you want, also spicy), a little parsley, and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Mashed Potato PancakesSweet hot pancakes! A soft and tasty potato pancake. And so easy to prepare. And … Read more
- Vegan substitute for eggEggs are seen as essential for use in a wide variety of recipes, but it … Read more
- The vegan recipe pastaPasta is a staple in many kitchens. It is delicious, satisfying and has excellent flavors. So simple … Read more
- What you wear is who you areClothing is an entire industry that has become a basic necessity for luxury in the … Read more
- Healthy and satisfying energy snackWhy feed our kids with high-sugar and empty nutritional snacks? Why not indulge ourselves with … Read more
- Guide to growing potatoes in the gardenPotatoes are "spoiled" tubers that require a lot of reference. The potato family contains a … Read more