What is falafel ?
The falafel or faláfel is a croquette of chickpeas and spices, very typical in Middle Eastern cuisine.
If you want to do it at home, it is very simple and with very easy to find ingredients .
Here I show you how to make it fried (which is how it is usually eaten) or baked for a healthier option.
If you want to know how to do it, read on …
Homemade Falafel RecipeCourse: Vegan RecipesCuisine: Middle EasternDifficulty: Medium
For about 25 pellets
1/2 kilo of dried chickpeas.
A handful of fresh parsley.
A handful of fresh cilantro.
2 minced garlic cloves
Salt to taste.
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
Olive oil (if it is going to be fried)
A handful of fresh marjoram (optional).
How To Cook
- Leave the chickpeas at least one night to soak.
- Pour the chickpeas (drained), onion, coriander, parsley, marjoram and garlic in a large bowl.
- Crush with the blender until it has a sandy texture.
- Add the rest of the spices and yeast, mix everything well with a spatula or clean hands.
- Crush and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a pan:
- Put a pan with plenty of oil, covering the falafels. While the oil is heating, we make balls with the dough, and then crush them a little.
- When the oil is hot, they are poured into the pan.
- When they are golden brown, they are turned over so that they brown well on all sides.
- Once browned on both sides, they are removed and left on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- In the oven:
- Put the oven to heat while you are making the balls, crushing them a little, that are not completely round.
- Cover the tray with baking paper and distribute the balls.
- The time will vary according to the oven, because each oven is a world.
- I usually leave 10 minutes at 220º, and once this time has elapsed I turn them over and leave them 10 more minutes.
- This is how gold is left on both sides. But go checking if in your oven they browned before.
If you make them fried they will be something more juicy, but in the oven they are also very rich, so if you want a healthier version, choose to bake them.
In the case of baking them, I advise you not to bake the entire batch at once, only those that you are going to consume, since if you do all of them and then you have to reheat them on another occasion, if they remain drier.
Make only those that you are going to consume in the oven and the rest of the balls you can freeze, take them out when you need them and make them without the need to defrost them
How to serve falafel ?
- Healthy and satisfying energy snackWhy feed our kids with high-sugar and empty nutritional snacks? Why not indulge ourselves with … Read more
- Vegan cilantro pesto spreadA quick and easy recipe for making a delicious pesto spread with quality raw materials, … Read more
- Fruit skewers for hospitalityWhat fun to host? Even more fun was making a colorful and healthy table. Fruit skewers will … Read more
- Vegan chocolate balls with many decorationsEasy vegan recipe dessert . Chocolate balls are minimally decorated for reasons on a tray … Read more
- Mujadara rice with lentilsMujadara rice with lentils is one of the most nutritious oods. Combining rice and green lentils … Read more
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls RecipeIngredients: 750 g of cabbage, 2 carrots, 1 glass of rice, 2-3 onions, 2-3 tablespoons … Read more